Chapter forty-five. An open letter to those who do not invest in precious metals


I know this is late coming since this is chapter forty-five.

But I need to get into this with those who come here, read, and then make up reasons why they aren't investing in precious metals.

Some of their reasons are: 
  1. I can't afford it right now.
  2. I am not sure what to buy.
  3. I want to get some, but not right now; maybe next _________ .
  4. I don't agree with buying this stuff. No problems are foreseen for the dollar by me. Life goes on...
  5. I am invested in other things right now.
  6. Precious metals are doing poorly now. Maybe later.
  7. The government can just take your silver and gold by Executive order like Roosevelt (D) did in 1933.
OK. Answers by the numbers:

To begin with, I have pretty much answered all of these remarks in several other places in the first 44 chapters. But, to simplify it, I'll do my best, one at a time right here, to save the reader from exposure to all the rest of my great ideas! 
  1. You say you can't afford it right now. Maybe you're right. But just what are you planning to do if I am right? What is your plan if the dollar crashes? I have stressed buying silver because frankly, gold is too expensive for many people right now. But, there are silver bars selling for as little as six-dollars! Again, maybe you can't afford to invest even six-dollars right now. That is a genuine valid reason and I can't do anything to change that. If, on the other hand, this is just an excuse to avoid investing, with some other underlying reason - shame on you. Just don't come complaining to me when my predictions happen.
  2. Not sure what to buy? Precious metal!  There are many ways to buy silver/gold and I list a few here: if-you-are-going-to-buy-silver-what?
  3. Not right now? If not now, when? If you wait one-day too long you miss out. Silver and gold are both currently a bargain and can never go to zero in value. Never. There are other things in which to invest as well. If you are doing, or have done that already, then it is time NOW to start. If you fill in the blank above, what happens if, just before that, the system crashes? The choice is totally yours to buy or not, and when to start. I believe the time to start is right NOW! Remember, I sell nothing and I shill for nobody. This is just my opinion and my disclaimer on every page is quite clear. But, with that said, I personally believe any delay will cost you in the long run.
  4. You don't agree with buying this stuff. If you think precious metals are bad to buy then stay away. I believe you are wrong. I believe that no matter what happens in the future, having a store of them is a wise choice. But, that's just my opinion.
  5. You invest elsewhere. If you invest, you should have a balanced portfolio. More here: investing-in-silver-first
  6. Precious metals are doing poorly? The dollar is what changes in value against metals. The metals are a constant. Two silver dimes buy a gallon of gasoline today just as they did in the 50s and before. Go here: silver-is-dropping-like-lead-balloon
  7.  
    Sign should read: "...PRE 1965...". 1964 coins were still silver.
  8. Government can take it! Yes, Franklin Roosevelt (D) did issue Executive order No. 6102 on  April 5, 1933. He did, in fact, call for the government to confiscate privately owned gold. That much is true. However, it is known that many people didn't turn their gold in at that time. Today, it would be even more problematic and governments would be unlikely to send the police door to door to confiscate the tiny amounts of gold coins and bars held by its citizens. And when Roosevelt, (D) did that, the US Treasury paid in full, at the official price (which was also the market price). To assess the likelihood of confiscation today, we need to look at what the government could gain by calling in privately held gold. My view is that the Federal government has little to gain by calling in gold today and that therefore the likelihood of confiscation is remote. Because the size and cost of the federal government has expanded so much since the 1930’s, and because the quantities of gold currently held by Americans are too small to fund the huge federal budget for more than a few weeks, the government has little to gain by confiscation today. Besides, doing so would send the dollar tumbling toward worthlessness, which would be a disaster when so many dollar-denominated bonds are held as central bank reserves by creditor nations like China. So, while confiscation is "possible", I consider it to be very remote.
Silver was never confiscated! Even Roosevelt (D) never went after our silver. There is little to be gained for the government by owning silver. So, I consider silver investments safe from hyper-inflation as well as safe from confiscation by our ever expanding government. 

I bought silver as low as $2.00 an ounce. Some of my 90% coins were simply given to me in change at face value as well. I also have "invested" for as much as $34.00 an ounce. Keep in mind that it is impossible to lose on silver - unless you sell low! It is always there and always retains its intrinsic value - unlike fiat paper money.